Have an itchy scalp and are tired of scratching your scalp to the point where blood oozes out? Often we link itchy scalp with dandruff but is it so? Are they connected to dandruff alone? The answer is a big NO. Dandruff is just one of the many reasons for an itchy scalp. It can also be caused by ringworms or some bacterial infection. So just don’t let it have a pass thinking it to be simply dandruff that can be treated with some anti-dandruff shampoo. Not being given immediate treatment, it spreads far, and the results can be drastic. Some people tend it blame it on season and hope for the itch to be gone with the season but that’s hardly a solution. Here are the following home remedies that can help you get rid of it.
- 1 Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp:
- 2 Cider Vinegar for Dandruff:
- 3 Tea Tree Oil to Treat Itchy Scalp & Dandruff:
- 4 Clean, Brush and Comb Your Hair:
- 5 Honey to Getting Rid of Itchy Scalp & Dandruff
- 6 Aloe Vera to Treat Itchy Scalp at Home:
- 7 Egg Yolk for a Healthy Scalp:
- 8 Witch Hazel to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp Naturally
- 9 Beer Treatment:
- 10 Mayonnaise to Get Rid of Itching:
Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp:
No matter what the reason behind the itch is, it can be treated by putting oil. Coconut oil not only enhances blood circulation to the blood vessels of the scalp but also strengthens the hair from its very root, eliminating the dryness. It provides essential nutrients to the scalp skin and keeps your scalp hydrated for a long time.
Cider Vinegar for Dandruff:
Cider Vinegar preferably apple cider vinegar eases your discomfort. It is entirely natural, so you don’t have to worry about artificial ingredients damaging your hair. It may be a bit smelly but gives amazing results. It is rich in malic acid which naturally kills the bacteria growing in your scalp. Its antiseptic properties and the enzymes are an additional boon.
Tea Tree Oil to Treat Itchy Scalp & Dandruff:
Commonly known as melaleuca, tea tree oil is an amazing ingredient that gives satisfying results. Besides possessing antioxidant properties, it also contains antimicrobial substances. It can easily fight against bacteria and fungus and relieve you of your itch.
Clean, Brush and Comb Your Hair:
It’s not entirely necessary that the irritation is caused by any fungal or bacterial infections. At times you have to look for the cause right from the very base. It can be simply some dandruff messing with your system. In that case, wash your hair with the best anti dandruff shampoo in the market. Maintaining good hygiene is an extremely important criterion to get rid of the itchy scalp. If you wash and clean your hair regularly, the situation of dealing with an itchy scalp would never arise!
Honey to Getting Rid of Itchy Scalp & Dandruff
Crude honey works wonder to treat itching in the scalp. It specializes in the treatment of the Seborrheic dermatitis, a chronic skin condition that causes intense itching. Either you mix it with olive oil or use alone, the results will be immediate. The scaling and the itching disappear within one week of continuous use.
Aloe Vera to Treat Itchy Scalp at Home:
Aloe Vera is such a component which can be used to treat any and almost every skin disease. It’s cooling, and cleansing attributes The proteolytic enzymes present in it repair the dead and the damaged cells. Thus Aloe Vera not only eliminates the fungus and bacterial infections but also improves the old damaged skin if the head scalp.
Egg Yolk for a Healthy Scalp:
Whether you use the egg white or the yolk, both are equally beneficial. The egg white eliminates the itching whereas the yolk creates the much needed new cells. It contains Vitamin A, B, D, and E. The essential proteins like albumin present in the egg yolk acts as a bacteria eating enzyme. It thus eradicates such infections from your scalp.
Witch Hazel to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp Naturally
Coloring your hair with some harsh products or blow drying it insensitively can also lead to the itching in your scalp. The coloring products contain certain coarse ingredients that damage the quality of your hair, which in turn affects your scalp. Blow drying tends to drain all the moisture from your scalp, thereby leading to itching. It’s important to apply witch hazel after you blow dry your hair to prevent your scalp from the scars of itching. Its astringent properties soothe the skin of the scalp and deals magnificently with the itching.
With amazing anti-oxidant properties, Beer Shampoo is reigning markets for a while now. It silkens the hair and kills the bacteria present on the scalp. Beer is extremely beneficial for our hair. It gives the much-needed nourishment to our hair. It repairs the damaged hair and helps to wipe out the bacteria and the fungus, if any, from the scalp.
Mayonnaise to Get Rid of Itching:
Mayonnaise is made up of eggs and vinegar. As already discussed above the benefits of using an egg on the scalp, mayonnaise also provides nourishment to the hair. It works efficiently to get rid of the itching. The vinegar present acts as a disinfectant and helps in killing the fungus and the bacteria to give you a clean and clear scalp void of any itches. The oil base of mayonnaise increases the shine of the hair as well.
1) Never rinse your hair with hot water. It not only damages your hair quality but also increases the dryness of your scalp.
2) Restrain from the application of a conditioner right after you use any of the home mentioned above remedies.
3) Do not use chemicals on your hair. The chemicals damage your hair right from the follicles, turning your scalp skin into flakes. They cause irritation that leads to the intense itching.
4) It’s a myth that using a huge quantity of oil adds moisture to your hair. Everything is good in a decent amount. If you use just too much of oil, then the extra oil won’t be absorbed by the head scalp. It might even flow down your forehead and be a greater irritation. Too much of anything is dangerous.
5) Set up a washing plan according to the present season. Winters tend to make the scalps dry, naturally. Thus winters demand a washing plan different than that of the various other seasons.