Tea Tree Oil for Acne
You can’t avoid people from starring you, but don’t let your acne be the reason of stare. Who does not despises those acne, pimple or zits; those ugly ones, those scary ones, those bloody ones (no abuse intended). Though harsh they may seem, it’s easier to keep them at bay.
Acne is more a medical problem rather than a mere blur on your beauty. Tea tree oil can work wonders. It has antifungal properties along with antimicrobial, antibacterial properties. It not only works on the already existing acne but prevents further growth of acne and helps in removing scars. Markets are full of drugstore and high-end products that contain tea tree oil. Face washes, creams, tasks, essential oils, moisturizer, toners, and perfumes are in great demand. But it’s always better to use home remedies to cure acne. The fresher it is, the better it is.
Everyday Uses :-
Acne is a problem more of oily skin. Inculcating tea tree oil in daily cleansing, toning and moisturizer routine helps a lot. Even if one has oily skin, moisturization is essential. These three important steps should be done twice a day to get an acne free skin, once in the morning and once at night. A night cream should be applied after these steps before going to bed
- Cleanser: Mix tea tree oil with few drops of lemon and use it as a cleanser/ face wash.
- Toner: Dilute tea tree oil and use it as a toner in half is to half ratio.
- Moisturizer: Mix tea tree oil with aloe vera gel and use it as a moisturizer
- Night Cream: Before going to bed apply few drops of organic tea tree oil on your skin using a cotton wool. Leave it overnight and wash off your face in the morning with lukewarm water. In case your face is over sensitive and you feel a stinging sensation dilute tea tree oil with rose water or pure water.
Once a week these steps should be carried out. These will not only help you fight acne but also make the skin supple and glowing.
- Scrub: Mix two drops of tea tree oil with a spoon sugar and one drop olive oil and scrub your face till sugar dissolves in circular motions with gentle hands. Wash off after 5 minutes
- Honey Mask: Mix equal quantities tea tree oil with honey in a glass bowl. Apply it using a brush or clean fingers on the acne and acne marks. Let it dry for a good half an hour. Wash of your face with fresh water. Do not use a harsh towel. Pat dry.
- Sandalwood Mask: Make a mask of few drops of tea tree oil, a spoon of clay and half spoon of sandalwood powder. Apply it on your face and leave for half an hour. Wash with water and use your favorite moisturizer diluting it with tea tree oil.